Deep Tissue & Swedish Massage Appointments
- New Clients: Deep Tissue Massage 60 Minutes
- Standard Deep Tissue Massage 60 Minutes
- Extended Deep Tissue Massage 90 Minutes
- Swedish Massage 60 Minutes
Unlike classic bodywork therapy applied for relaxation, deep tissue massage targets specific and often chronic areas of tension along the connective tissue of the body. While some of the strokes are similar to those used in classic bodywork therapy, the movement is slower and the pressure is deeper in order to unravel the tension and knots that plague the deeper layers of connective tissue.
Deep tissue massage is especially helpful for:
- Chronically tense and contracted areas (stiff necks, low back tightness, sore shoulders)
- Limited mobility
- Injury recovery (whiplash, falls, sports injury)
- Repetitive strain (carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Postural problems
- Osteoarthritis pain
Swedish massage is based on the Western concepts of anatomy and physiology. It promotes relaxation, eases muscle tension, and generates other health benefits. In all styles of Swedish bodywork, the therapist lubricates the skin and performs various strokes that warm-up and move the muscle tissue. This technique releases tension and breaks up the superficial muscle “knots” leaving you feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
Deep tissue bodywork will apply more pressure than classic massage, the end result is pure relief and a freer body. Contact Sanctuary now and come free yourself! For questions or to schedule an appointment, call 443.438.3566 or email email@example.com.